Tuesday 6 May 2014

Trend Edit // Tropical @ ASOS

This summer there is one trend that almost seems to have come from nowhere, and taken over designer and high-street alike. From palm to floral prints there's so many different ways to work the look, and so I have to confess, the once cheesy 'only for fat bald men on holiday' tropical trend has well and truly won me over! 

I'm a huge Asos lover, and so spending a couple of hours (minimum) browsing the New In section is a pretty regular occurrence for me. At the moment they've got some gorgeous tropical pieces in, so I've put together a little wishlist / look-book to show you all my fave items! 

1) Jumpsuit     2) Co-ord     3) Trousers     4)Co-ord      5) Jumpsuit
Jumpsuits are one of my favourite items of clothing. I only actually own one- a Next beauty that I bought years ago, and it's just so timeless and classic- they really are perfect for any occasion. There's two jumpsuits from Asos that I'm really loving, the first one is a Lipsy piece. It's flirty and bright, and would be so perfect for those casual summer nights when styled with a loose-fit denim jacket and chunky sandals. My other pick was this monochrome palm print beaut. I can see myself dressing it up more- adding a statement necklace and killer heels is the vision, so it's perfect for summer night out! Plus it would go with my trusty leather jacket, how can I say no?

Co-ords have been EVERYWHERE this spring, so it was only a matter of time before summer style hit and tropical prints merged with the two-piece trend. I just couldn't make my mind up as to which was my favourite out of these two co-ords, so I just added them both! While the first one is slighty less 'my style', I have been really trying to push my boundaries and wear daring things I wouldn't usually pick, and this would be perfect for that! The second co-ord is my favourite piece out of the all five, I love the understated colours and unique print, plus it's an absolute bargain at just £32 for the set. Asos I really do love you. 

Finally, I've fallen for these palm print trousers, they are just so cool! I've been after a pair of printed trousers for ages now, and I literally can't get these off my brain. There's just one problem, they are a little on the pricey side at £52 (and that's the sale price), and plus if I bought them I'd need a pair of Birkenstocks to go with them... If there's somebody growing a money tree out there.., Please give me some!

What are your thoughts on the Tropical trend? Are you loving Asos as much as me at the moment...?x

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs