Wednesday 2 April 2014

Lily Lulu SS14 Press Event!

Eeek! So I attended my first ever Blogger event last Thursday night! The event was hosted by a brand I mentioned on my last post, Lily Lulu Fashion , and was held at the lovely Barca Bar, a gorgeous canal-side venue in the Castlefield area of Manchester. As my first blogger event, I really had no idea what to expect from the night, so headed by myself on the short train ride into Manchester Piccadilly, then onto Deansgate , nervously excited as to what the evening would hold. The event started at 7:30pm, but thanks to my forever rubbish timing (and navigating) skills I didn't actually arrive until 8:30. This was a bit of a shame as I felt like I'd missed a major part of the evening- and the all important introductions, however once I got sat down and chatting I needn't have worried, as everyone was so welcoming and lovely, my nerves were soon all vanished! 

There were yummy cupcakes and crisps on offer for all the guests, as well as Krispy Kreme donuts in return for a donation- the event was all in aid of Cancer Research, a cause very close to my heart. We were also each given two Lily Lulu tags on arrival, which we were allowed to place on the two items of clothing we loved the most, although deciding between the pretty pastel collection and the unique floral pieces was just so hard! 
After a mooch around the gorgeous clothing collections, I was kindly given a goody bag filled with some lovely beauty products, discount cards, a necklace and my favourite of all, jelly beans- yum! I also got to chat to lots of other lovely bloggers, and it was great to be able to find out a bit about them all, as well as discover some fab new blogs to read! 








Top // Warehouse     Skirt // Next     Shoes // New Look (similar here)     Bag // New Look (last season)    
Earrings // River Island

As I'd never been to an event like this I really had no idea what to wear, so after a quick shopping trip the night before, I opted for this gorgeous Warehouse Organza crop top and navy Next Midi skirt. as I felt like they were smart, chic but most of all comfy- I was well prepared for the oncoming cupcake food baby! I also added my favourite pastel River Island earrings to bring a little bit of colour, sorry if they are a little bit hard to see. 

Overall, I had such a lovely night, I really can't thank all the other lovely blogger girls and Lily Lulu enough! It was also super-nice to get to chat to Liz, who seems to be the general wonder woman at Lily Lulu. It was a fantastic event and I felt very privileged to get to see their SS14 collection!

Have you checked out the Lily Lulu website? What pieces are you loving from them at the moment...?x




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs