Friday 21 March 2014

Outfit Post // Retro Colour Pop

Hi everyone! Sorry it's been a while since my last post, works been manic recently so I've been making the most of my relaxation time as best I can, so here's a little post I've put together!
On my Twitter feed a couple of months ago I came across the new fashion brand Lily Lulu Fashion, and after scouring their lovely website with so many stylish pieces I quickly realised they would be a brand to watch out for, some of the bargains in their sale section were amazing!  After some more research I realised they were based very close to me in Manchester, just another reason (or excuse..) to buy a piece of clothing from them. After much deliberation I finally settled on this gorgeous turtle-neck shift dress in a monochrome print, as I knew it would be something I'd wear just about anywhere! Since then they've added some amazing New Arrivals, including these gorgeous satchel bags in Pastel colours that I'm seriously lusting over!
Dress // Lily Lulu


Necklace // Primark (old)     Lipstick // Maybelline ColourSensational - Fuchsia Flash 

Shoes // New Look - Similar Here

As soon as I tried the dress on I felt like I'd been transported back to the 60s, it has such a glam retro feel, and I really love how it fits- the shift style means it doesn't cling when I'm having a 'food baby' kind of day. Because it's a monochrome print, something I don't always go for, I tried to think of a way to add a little pop of colour, and this Maybelline lipstick was the perfect way to do it. It's an almost Neon pink colour, and although I wasn't sure how much it would suit me, I actually love it! 

To finish the outfit off I added this simple pair of pointed flats from New Look, they have a slight block heel which again feels a bit retro, plus they are so much comfier than heels! I also teamed this Gold Primark necklace to add a bit of bling.

I first wore this dress for a day out shopping in Leeds, but I have already decided what shoes I'd team it with for a night out. I'll definitely be shopping with Lily Lulu again, and I'm also super excited to be attending their Charity Press Night next week, so watch out for more to come!

Is there a brand you'e a bit obsessed with at the moment..?x


6 comments:

  1. This dress definitely has a retro look about it, and we absolutely love how you styled it, especially with the chain necklace and of course the bright lip. Also, cute hair!!

    www.mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's really nice combo! lookin good :)
    check out our blog too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, I've followed your blog :) x

      Delete
  3. i love this look. so simple and flattering. x

    nataliehannah.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you, I always prefer simple rather than too fussy xx

      Delete

 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs